A Computer Science Graduate. I am a normal person with abnormal ideas.
"Create the difference and be the change you want to be."
Earlier this month we have seen Galaxy A51 units in Russia receiving Android 11 with ONE UI 3 update, now its time for Indian units for receiving Android 11 for their Samsung Galaxy A51 devices.
On Samsung official firmware page i.e Sam mobile, Android 11 firmware for Galaxy A51 has been listed and ready to be downloaded and installed. This update comes with new build number ending in DUB1 and the February 2021 security patch level included for good measure. People have started receiving this update through OTA, still, there are people who are still waiting for it. The rollout will be in batches hence you have to wait for a while to receive the OTA.
If you want to check for the update manually you can go to Setting-> Software Update-> Download and Install. If it is available for your batch then you will receive it. The OTA is around 1.8GB in size and once get downloaded it takes hardly 10 to 15 mins to install.
Another way around, getting Android 11 on your Galaxy A51 would be updating your device using Samsung Smart Switch. Download Smart Switch on your PC and Galaxy A51. Connect the devices using a Stock USB cable. Once connected you will see a message that "A new software update is available for your device Update Now". Updating from Smart Switch will download full firmware of 5.4GB. Before upgrading it is advised to backup any important data you have and charge your device to at least 60%. This method is safe and official and you will not lose any warranty, though it is advised to wait for the OTA to arrive on your device.
Performance First Impressions:
This is the first major update for the device and we would be receiving two more major OS upgrades. This update brings some smooth animations and optimizations. These impressions are not from the update description where it is said that performance has been improved.
- The Animations are smoother now
- App opening times are quite impressive
- Fingerprint feels a bit faster as compared to One UI 2.5
- Face Unlock is improved
- You might face minor lags here and there while setting up which is normal
- After the successful update, performance has improved a lot.
- In gesture mode, there are minor stutters, which you hardly notice. But in navigation bar mode there is almost zero lag.
- All apps (Preloaded) are updated to the latest versions.
- Samsung Daily has been replaced with Samsung Free.
- One word for this update, a better and fluid UI experience you can expect.
These are some initial impression which I noticed after the upgrade. Do share your impressions.