An asset to GizMeek
Samsung Galaxy A12 has been launched in India as the latest model in the company's Galaxy A-series. The new smartphone debuted alongside the Samsung Galaxy A02s in Europe in November 2020 and succeeds the Samsung Galaxy A11 that was also launched last year. It is also the cheapest Samsung phone in A-series. Key highlights of the Samsung Galaxy A12 include quad rear cameras, 15W fast charging, and up to 128GB of onboard storage. The Samsung Galaxy A12 also comes with a waterdrop-style display notch. Further, it features three distinct color options
Samsung Galaxy A12: specifications
- It features a 6.5-inch HD+ (720x1,600 pixels) TFT Infinity-V Display with a 20:9 aspect ratio.
- It is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P35 SoC, along with 4GB of RAM as standard.
- The dual-SIM (Nano) Samsung Galaxy A12 runs on Android 10 with One UI Core 2.5
- It comes with a quad rear camera setup that includes a 48-megapixel primary sensor with an f/2.0 lens, a 5-megapixel ultra-wide-angle shooter, a 2-megapixel macro shooter, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor, and has an 8-megapixel camera sensor at the front with an f/2.2 lens.
- In terms of storage, the Samsung Galaxy A12 has up to 128GB of onboard storage that is expandable via a microSD card (up to 1TB).
- The connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS/ A-GPS, USB Type-C, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Sensors on board include an accelerometer, ambient light, magnetometer, and proximity sensor. There is also a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
- The Samsung Galaxy A12 packs a 5,000mAh battery that supports 15W fast charging. Besides, the phone's dimensions are 164.0x75.8x8.9mm and weigh 205 grams.
Samsung Galaxy A12 price in India
Here is the pricing of the different variants of the Samsung Galaxy A12
- For the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage variant, it cost Rs. 12,999
- and, for the 4GB RAM + 126GB storage variant, it cost Rs. 13,999
- The phone comes in Black, Blue, and White color options.
It will be available for purchase via retail stores, Samsung.com, and leading online portals from February 17. The Samsung Galaxy A12 competes with the likes of Redmi Note 9 Pro, Realme 7, and Oppo A52 smartphones among others.
The phone was launched in Europe with a starting price of EUR 179 (roughly Rs. 15,800) for the base 3GB RAM + 32GB storage variant. The Samsung Galaxy A12 also comes in a 6GB RAM + 128GB storage model in the European market priced at EUR 199 (roughly Rs. 17,600).