Qualcomm produces some great chipsets. Their performances are at the top in Android smartphones. In this trend, Qualcomm is working on its next flagship chip Snapdragon 875. This chipset is supposed to be based on 5nm architecture. A report from some sources has shown specifications of this upcoming flagship chipset.
According to the reports, the Snapdragon 875 will come with new Kryo 685 cores built on ARM v8 Cortex technology. Moreover, it will support 5G connectivity using Qualcomm's X60 5G modem. Talking of GPU, this chipset will come packed with Adreno 660 GPU. As per the source, the processor will come with the Adreno 665 VPU, and Adreno 1095 DPU.
The chipset will be made by Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) and the X60 Modem is supposed to made by Samsung. To sum up, all the specifications listed:
- New Kryo 685 CPU
- 3G/ 4G/ 5G modem –Millimeter wave (mmWave) and sub-6 GHz bands
- Adreno 660 GPU, Adreno 665 VPU, Adreno 1095 DPU
- Qualcomm Secure Processing Unit (SPU250)
- Spectra 580 ISP
- Snapdragon Sensor Core Technology
- External 802.11ax, 2×2 MIMO, and Bluetooth Milan
- Compute Hexagon DSP with Hexagon Vector eXtensions and Hexagon Tensor Accelerator
- Quad-channel package-on-package (PoP) high-speed LPDDR5 SDRAM
As we know Qualcomm generally launches its chips in Tech Summit held in December every year, the same will go with this one. Qualcomm Snapdragon 875 will be launched in Tech Summit in December this year. There is a huge time gap, hence these specs sheet tends to change a little bit, we are not confirmed that these are the final specs sheet or not. So, just wait for a while and we will keep you posted.