An asset to GizMeek
Huawei filed a patent for a device with a flip camera design similar to that of the Zenfone 6. The patent was then published by the World Intellectual Property Office WIPO. As per recently published patent has revealed Huawei may also adopt the flip camera design for a future device. Huawei’s own has three cameras instead of two. The triple camera setup will be able to flip 180° to double as the front-facing cameras. If the setup includes an ultrawide angle camera, owners will be able to take wide-angle selfies.
Besides its flip-up camera, the new patent shows a more or less conventional smartphone, albeit one with an edge-to-edge screen. It also has dual speaker grilles at the bottom edge, which flank a USB type C port (and no others, unfortunately). When it comes to smartphone design, the current trends are notches, punch holes or “full-screen”. Huawei also intends to bring the bezel-less phone with no-notch and flip camera setup in future smartphones.
- The power and volume rocker buttons are placed on the right-hand side of this phone
- While the SIM card tray is on the left-hand side of the smartphone
- Based on this design patent, the device sports really thin front bezels but it doesn’t show any fingerprint reader, so it could have an in-display fingerprint scanner
- The upcoming series is likely to include three devices – P40, P40 Pro, P40 Lite
- Based on the leaks so far, the Huawei P40 is likely to sport a 6.57-inch AMOLED display
- It will run at 2K resolution and boast 120Hz refresh rate
- Under the hood will be Huawei’s in-house Kirin 990 SoC
- The mechanism helps phone sport a bezel-less display
- The setup is likely to include a 64-MP primary sensor, 20-MP ultra-wide-angle sensor, 12-MP telephoto sensor
- These will be accompanied by dedicated macro and ToF sensors.
- The phone seems to house a triple camera module that also houses an LED flash, which flips up from the rear to face the front whenever you want to click selfies.
- This phone's triple camera can also flip around to face the user at need, although it uses a different mechanism compared to the one in the new alleged Huawei patent.
- For photography, the device is likely to feature a 5-sensor camera setup produced with Leica.
Operating System (OS)
Huawei’s flagship offering will run Android 10-based EMUI 10 and lack Google’s services and support due to the ongoing US ban.
Huawei Mate 30 Pro is tipped to flaunt a curved notch-toting display. The handset will rock the latest Kirin 990 SoC and reportedly feature quad-rear cameras arranged in a circular module. The phone is also expected to come with better camera sensors, performance, face recognition components, and battery backup compared to its predecessor Mate 20 Pro.