AR is a concept where real-world elements are mixed with virtual video, audio, or text. Think of the ticker feed in a news show. The anchor and the studio are the real-world setups and the news feed is virtual. AR allows users to make a personal interaction with the offline, or online products that are available to scan with AR tech. We’re certainly starting to see the world with new dimensions as AR begins to establish itself in retail spaces, sparking consumer experiences, and engagement with a new style of tech-savvy shopping.
According to Digi-capital research, 80% of AR/VR revenue by 2020 will become from sales, ad expenses, and mobile data/voice. And AR would take 75% of $120 billion markets, while VR stays on 25%. The technology has been improving over time, and thanks to smartphones, we're starting to see it implemented - in advertising and shopping first of all. Hash Media, a startup based in Ahmedabad is doing some interesting work in this domain.
AR helps with developing the accessible platform for businesses to create their own AR experiences, including their services marketplace of 3D modeling, 3D Warehouse App to store the models, and an easy way to add AR Quick Look support to the store.
VR and AR are trending like never before with thousands of headsets being sold, and the term V-commerce has been already coined for future endeavors. Virtual reality on the other hand is a technology coming to gaming, movie theaters, shopping, education, and it also presents opportunities for retailers to attract customers. . A recent survey found that AR content influenced 72% of shoppers to purchase a product they would not have otherwise considered.
It uses computer vision technology to localize the user within the store and from there it uses integrated store layouts and up-to-date stock information to show product details and other relevant data to guide a customer around any store.
Augmented Reality to change the future
- Augmented reality is the new trend technology that businesses should admit when planning their marketing.
- While the production market grows more and more, customers become demanding and sophisticated.
- Anyone who is specializing in retail should admit those new challenges.
- The business should think not only how to engage consumers, but also how to lower their costs.
- Here are the main cases that AR may bring to any business, first of all in marketing, service, and retail industries.
AR options in marketing provide a higher chance that customers will buy stuff. People spend more time in shops, as well as their interaction with each product increases too. Nearly half of them are ready to pay more if they would be allowed to preview with AR the product they want to buy. In the meantime, customers say that AR saves their time while bits of help make.
This is the list of some website supporting AR are:
1. Amazon AR View
Amazon has created an amazing product called View in your room. This allows you to view products in your home before you buy them. Experience here
2. IKEA Place
IKEA Place makes use of Apple’s ARKit, an augmented reality platform, and takes the experience to a whole new level. Experience here
Shopify has created a 3D Warehouse. This app enables AR experiences by allowing you to upload 3D models and link them to products on your store. Experience here
It enables brands and retailers to create mobile AR, MR, and VR shopping experiences and virtual stores that run on our proprietary 3D Commerce Cloud platform. Experience here
This demonstration shows how users can shop around, experiment with, and customize vanity shelves anywhere in their rooms. Customization extends to colors, sizes, and styles, and can be directly added to the cart. Experience here
Advantages of AR
- Augmented Reality is the future that will allow consumers to experience a reality that is based on personal needs and desires.
- AR will present a completely new way to engage and will expand the abilities of retailers as well.
- The mobile applications that are being developed will offer facial recognition software that will mainstream quickly.
- The impacts that augmented reality can have are endless and the technology will affect every field.
- Not only will it be used by professionals and consumers, but it will also become a key tool for educational purposes in classrooms around the world.
Here is the list of some Augmented Reality Shopping Malls are:
- Jurassic and Traveller AR - Pradera Concepcion, Guatemala
- “Air, Land & Sea” - Morocco Mall, Morocco
- “Arctic Explorer” - Intu Trafford Centre, UK
- Air, Land & Sea - Citylife, Italy
- Jurassic World - Colombo City Centre Mall, Sri
- “Arctic Explorer – Adigeo (ECE), Verona
Alibaba’s new AR-infused shopping app perfectly blends the real-world with 3D images for a result that looks like something straight out of a big-budget science fiction movie. Alibaba will officially introduce the world to Taobao Buy at the upcoming Creativity Festival in Hangzhou, China. The AR shopping experience will also give you access to information such as item specifications, customer ratings, and comments via a digital display that Alibaba hopes will reinvigorate your shopping experience.
Augmented Reality has the potential to accelerate a brand’s product development by allowing stakeholders across regions to simultaneously view and manipulate digital prototypes, and share concurrent feedback. According to statistics augmented reality in retail is already making money and will make even more in the near future. All surveys that research integration of AR in the retail sector say that interests of consumers in using Augmented Reality are high already and will only grow in course of time.