A Computer Science Graduate. I am a normal person with abnormal ideas.
"Create the difference and be the change you want to be."
Indian Intelligence agencies have asked the government either to ban the listed harmful Chinese applications or ask the user to not use them as they might be a threat to their privacy. These mobile applications are linked to China over concerns that these weren’t safe and ended up extracting a large amount of data outside India, as per reports.
Initially, we have seen, UC BRowser, ZOOM Meeting, and Mi Browser, etc in uploading data to Chinese servers. This data includes some personal information of the user that causes privacy at risk for the users.
A senior government official said the recommendation of the intelligence agencies had recently been supported by the National Security Council Secretariat, which felt these could be detrimental to India’s security.
Earlier in April this year, we have seen the home ministry had issued an advisory on the use of Zoom on the recommendation of the national cybersecurity agency – Computer Emergency Response Team of India (CERT-in).
For the list curated by the Intel Agencies includes video conferencing app Zoom, short-video app TikTok, and other utility and content apps such as UC Browser, Xender, SHAREit, and Clean-master. Apart from this, there are many Chinese applications that are on the radar of the Intel agencies.
- TikTok, Vault-Hide, Vigo Video, Bigo Live, Weibo
- WeChat, SHAREit, UC News, UC Browser
- BeautyPlus, Xender, ClubFactory, Helo, LIKE
- Kwai, ROMWE, SHEIN, NewsDog, Photo Wonder
- APUS Browser, VivaVideo- QU Video Inc
- Perfect Corp, CM Browser, Virus Cleaner (Hi Security Lab)
- Mi Community, DU recorder, YouCam Makeup
- Mi Store, 360 Security, DU Battery Saver, DU Browser
- DU Cleaner, DU Privacy, Clean Master – Cheetah
- CacheClear DU apps studio, Baidu Translate, Baidu Map
- Wonder Camera, ES File Explorer, QQ International
- QQ Launcher, QQ Security Centre, QQ Player, QQ Music
- QQ Mail, QQ NewsFeed, WeSync, SelfieCity, Clash of Kings
- Mail Master, Mi Video call-Xiaomi, Parallel Space
If you have any of these applications installed, it is recommended to stop using them. If you need to use them, find a good alternative. These apps might be a risk for your privacy. But last call is your only, if you love your privacy, then should go as per the advise of intelligence agencies.