WD launches 18TB HDD, 1TB microSD card in India
It's here where Western Digital believes Purple drives provide the most benefit and allow for the ever-increasing amount of deep learning and AI that takes place around video surveillance. The larger drives also allow for more reference images and metadata to be stored alongside the video being recorded "to support more effective AI."
DVR systems process video data at the recorder, whereas NVR systems encode and process data at the camera. The new WD Purple 18TB HDD is designed for NVRs and video analytics appliances as well as GPU-enabled devices that can deliver both real-time and post analytics applications.
The actual reason for this huge storage?
- It’s designed for NVRs and video analytics appliances as well as GPU-enabled devices that can deliver both real-time and post analytics applications.
- Offering 28% more capacity than the previous generation, the new 18TB drive has room to spare for storing video, reference images, and metadata at the edge, to support more effective AI.
- All Frame AI technology that enables recording of up to 64 high-definition cameras, as well as an additional 32 streams for deep learning analytics.
- WD Purple Smart Video Solutions Portfolio with 18TB HDD and 1TB microSD card is designed to cater to the advanced needs of the smart video industry.
- It is based on Western Digital’s advanced 96-layer 3D NAND technology, and delivers a combination of ultra-high endurance with up to 500 P/E cycles and comes in 1TB, 512GB, 256GB, 128GB, 64GB, and 32GB capacities.
- Rugged and durable, the WD Purple microSD card is weather-resistant, humidity resistant and can withstand temperatures from -25° degrees to 85° degrees C.
- The WD Purple 18TB HDD will be available in October 2020, and the WD Purple SC QD101 1TB microSD card is expected to be available in November 2020.
- The 18TB drive is expected to become available next month and will be followed by a 1TB WD Purple microSD card in November