An asset to GizMeek
TWS (true wireless) earphones are certainly in demand with all major smartphone vendors having at least one such product in their portfolio. Design-wise the TWS Neo look nearly identical to their predecessors with a stem in-ear approach and oval-shaped carrying case. Color options will be limited to white and black and the accompanying product video promises good sound quality and low latency. The TWS Neo is scheduled to arrive on June 1 alongside the Vivo X50 series smartphones. In the online post, the company shared a small teaser video that showcased the upcoming truly wireless earbuds and its charging case as well.
The first was high quality and good audio out and the second was lower latency. For those unaware, wireless earphones, while convenient, are plagued at times with issues like latency and audio delay, especially when streaming videos. The live image of the Vivo TWS earphones’ testing unit has also been shared with us, which suggests their launch is just around the corner. While it’s not confirmed yet, the Vivo TWS earphones could launch alongside the Vivo V19 series by March 2020. Retail sources that the company has started testing its first-ever truly wireless earphones in the country.
- The Vivo TWS earphones ship with 14.2mm drivers
- Support aptX and AAC high-definition audio decoding technology
- The headset also touts Qualcomm QCC5126 chip
- Consistent high-quality audio.
- The charging case can extend the listening time to up to 27 hours
- The case itself is charged through a USB-C port
- The pair are IP54 water-resistant
- It’s based on Bluetooth 5.2 technology, which enables aptX Adaptive for “near CD quality” audio (Vivo's words).
- Offers touch controls for volume and track change
- The new headset can automatically switch to 88ms low latency mode
- The TWS earphones can last up to 5.5 hours on a single charge
- The earphones also have dual-channel transmission, which is said to reduce the latency by up to 44%
- Power consumption by up to 30% compared with ordinary transmission technology.
- The Vivo TWS can also achieve a minimum latency of 180ms.
Source: Sparrows News
Additionally, the headset sports dual microphones with noise reduction, Bone conduction that can directly wake up Jovi with voice, and achieve advanced functions such as fast payment, WeChat broadcast, and real-time translation. The Vivo TWS earphones price in China is set at RMB 499 (~Rs 5,000).