The Asus ROG Phone 5, officially unveiling on 10th March, was expected to be the first gaming smartphone launch of 2021. But, the rate race to be the first sees Nubia rain of Asus’ parade and schedule 6the launch of its next gaming smartphone, the Red Magic 6, prior to their event.
Notably, the company VP Ni Fei has shared a poster on the Chinese micro-blogging platform where it notes that the next-generation Nubia Red Magic 6 would come with the four fast-technologies (machine translated from Chinese). The promotional poster includes four icons below a racing car, which likely depict an HRR screen, fast charging, better touch response, and a cooling fan for sustained performance.
Red Magic 6: Specifications (Rumored)
- As for the hardware specifications, the smartphone will feature a 144Hz display with a 480Hz touch sampling rate.
- It will support 120W fast-charging, making it possible to fully charge your phone in under 20 minutes.
- Red Magic 6 will also feature a completely revamped cooling system, with a new and improved centrifugal fan. The physical fan has been and will continue to be a highlight of Red Magic phones.
- the device is also confirmed to feature a nine-axis spatial sensor. It will track your phone’s movement in different directions and could be useful for gamers.
- Snapdragon 888 5G chipset will power the Red Magic 6 under the hood.
- It will bring along up to 16GB of RAM and up to 256GB of built-in storage.
- Currently, we have no information on the camera specs of the device.
Moreover, the rumor mill suggests that there will be two Red Magic 6 variants. Both variants will have a lot of similarities and will likely differ in the camera and charging department. The Pro variant (model number NX669J-P) will support 120W charging whereas the standard variant (model number NX669J) was spotted with 66W fast-charging support.
We will officially learn more details about Nubia’s next-gen gaming phone in the days leading up to the launch. So, be on the lookout for more information.