How to Remove Password from PDF file on Android, Windows and Google Chrome
Have you ever came across a PDF file and want to unlock it. Mostly, these password-protected PDFs are of phone bills or bank statements. They are password-protected to prevent sensitive information to get into the wrong hands. Remembering passwords of each PDF is a difficult task, particularly if you want to share it with other people. So, if you want to remove the password of a PDF then you came to the right place. You should note that before removing the password from PDF files you must know the password first.
In this post, you will know how to remove password from PDF in Windows and Android
Remove Password from PDF in Windows
This is one of the easiest methods for removing the password from PDF file. Just follow the steps given below:
- Open the PDF file on Google Chrome in your Windows. It doesn't matter if the file is stored in Gmail, OneDrive, Drive, etc.
- When you open the PDF file for the first time, you will have to unlock it by using the password.
- After unlocking the PDF, give the print command on your Windows i.e. Ctrl + P or you can click the Print button in the top-right corner.
- In the next step, set the Destination as Save as PDF and then click Save.
- Now go the destination of the PDF and you can access it without using the password. This method also works with other browsers such as Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.
Remove Password from PDF in Andriod
- Install PDF Utilities from Google Play.
- Open the PDF Utilities app and then Select the PDF file which is password-protected.
- Once you selected the file, tap Start. You will get a pop-up that will ask you the password of the PDF file.
- Enter the password and then tap OK.
- Then go the original destination of your file and you will see a new PDF file without password protected.