I'm a Computer Science graduate, likes to do ordinary work in an extraordinary manner. I'm quite creative, a workaholic. I regularly used analyze new research, development, innovation by tech giants. I'm interested in Machine learning, Data Science along with research work applications on them & solving puzzles, quizzes.
Kuo said that based on an industry survey, he believes the shipments of the foldable iPhone will reach 15 million to 20 million units in 2023. Apple has long been reported to be working on a foldable iPhone. The latest report from analyst Ming-Chi Kuo seems to add more weight to this rumor, who believes that the company is in fact working on a foldable iPhone and will launch it in 2023.
The prediction also lends credit to previous rumors that Samsung is providing display samples to Apple. Kuo said that Samsung Display and Samsung Foundry will be the Cupertino tech giant’s exclusive display and DDI foundry provider respectively.
"We predict that foldable devices will blur the product segmentations between smartphones, tablets, and laptops in the future. With its cross-product ecosystems and hardware design advantages, Apple will be the biggest winner in the new foldable device trend."
Giving details on the new iPhone, Kuo shared that the foldable iPhone will likely sport a Samsung Display. Additionally, the report claims that both Apple and Samsung are working with Taiwan-based touch solution provider TPK, to offer its silver nanowire touch solution to the upcoming foldable iPhone.
Few features are:
- In a research note to investors, Kuo forecasts Apple's first foldable iPhone to boast an 8-inch QHD+ display.
- which at 3,200-by-1,800 pixels is a higher effective resolution panel.
- Apple might launch a 7.5- to 8-inch foldable in 2023
- if it can hammer out production issues related to the advanced technology this year.
- When the handset will see launch is unknown, though the relatively low production estimate suggests a debut alongside traditional iPhone formats in the fall.