It just last week when Google announces the full release of Android 11. Along with Google, Samsung unleashes its ONE UI 3 Beta program. As per the announcement, early beta is arriving for users in South Korea and the US. We have snapshots of Samsung One UI 3 beta from the XDA Community, giving a look at the new additions in Samsung’s custom interface alongside its complete changelog.
This update comes with a 1 September security patch and exciting new changes, all packed in 2.5 GB Downloadable package. We also get a look at all the new settings menus, AOD display options, and new notification settings.
One UI 3.0 changelog:
- Touch and hold an app to add an associated widget.
- Turn the screen off by double-tapping on an empty area of the Home screen. You can turn this on in Settings > Advanced features > Motion and gestures.
- Dynamic Lock screen now has more categories, and you can select more than one.
- Lock screen widgets are improved.
- See your conversations and media more conveniently in their own sections when you swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Always On Display widgets are improved.
- Get quick access to the most important accessibility settings during the device setup.
- Get recommended accessibility features based on what you use.
- Set the Accessibility shortcut more easily in settings.
- Sound detectors now work with your SmartThings devices such as TVs and lights to give you more visible alerts when the doorbell rings or a baby is crying.
- You can find the keyboard in settings more easily under General management in Settings, and the settings have been reorganized to put the most important ones first.
- You can now connect to supported TVs wirelessly.
- New touchpad multi-gestures let you change screen zoom and font size more easily.
- Added ability to block websites from redirecting you when you tap the Back button.
- Added warnings and blocking options for websites that shot too many pop-ups or notifications.
- Rearranged menus to make things easier to find.
- Added several new add-ons, including one that translates websites.
- Added option hide the status bar for a more immersive browsing experience.
- Increased maximum number of open tabs to 99.
- Added ability to lock and reorder tabs.
- Improved design for tab bar which is now supported on all devices.
- Ended support for Samsung Internet edge panel.
Contacts & Phone
- Added the ability to edit multiple linked contacts at one time.
- Added an option to help you quickly delete duplicate contacts.
- Enhanced the search experience.
- Extended the storage period of the Trash bin from 15 to 30 days.
- Added the ability to customize the call screen with your own pictures and videos.
- Created a Trash bin to store recently deleted messages.
Call & Text on other devices
- Added the ability to turn Call & text on other devices on or off with Bixby Routines.
- Events with the same start time are now shown together in month and agenda view.
- Reorganized options for adding and editing events.
- Improved layout for full-screen alerts.
- Improved layout for full-screen alerts
Digital wellbeing and Parental controls
- Added trends to your weekly report. You can see how your usage has changed since the previous week and check your usage time for each feature.
- Added phone usage time while driving to the weekly report.
- Added a lock screen widget so you can check your screen time without unlocking your phone.
- Added separate profiles for personal and work modes so you can track your screen time separately.
- Improved auto-focus and auto-exposure functionality and usability.
- Improved stabilization when taking pictures of the moon at high zoom levels.
- Added the ability to revert edited pictures back to their original versions.
- Grouped preset routines help you get started quickly and learn how to build your own routines easily.
- You can now see what actions are reversed when a routine ends.
- New conditions have been added, such as specific start time, the disconnection of a Bluetooth device or Wi-Fi network, a call from a specific number, and more.
- New actions have been added, including talking to Bixby and accessibility actions.
- You can add a customized icon for each routine and add routines to the Lock screen for quick access.
"Create the difference and be the change you want to see."