A Computer Science Graduate. I am a normal person with abnormal ideas.
"Create the difference and be the change you want to be."
Google is always ahead in changing policies and rules for its products. This time Google has worked with its new storage policy and changed the space limits that it is providing earlier. First we have seen with Google Photos that HIGH-QUALITY photos will be counted towards free 15GB Storage and then we had Google Productivities such as Docs, Sheets and Slides to follow the same.
There are several points that you need to keep in mind regarding this new policy change:
- This new Policy change will take place from next year JUNE.
- You will only get 15GB of free storage in total
- If you are inactive for a while then your data will be deleted
- You need Google One Subscription to get more storage space on Google Cloud Storage
A complete detailed blog can be seen here on the Google Official Blog. The main issue for your GMAIL account is that, if you had any Google Email and haven't used it for over 2 years then Google will permanently delete all your Google Data. This trend will be normal from JUNE 2021. Moreover, if your account is using over 15GB storage for a period of 2 years, then your account is in DANGER.
How to make your GMAIL Account safe;
- If you know the account credentials, then log in and interact with your account
- If there are any storage limits exceed then purchase Google One subscription.
- Recover your Account in case you forget the credentials.
As per Google people are now using over 4.2 Million GB of Data across Gmail, Drive, and Photos every day. According to Google, the revision is to offer a ‘great storage experience and to keep pace with the growing demand.’