Telegram is a great platform for messaging and managing social interactions. We have seen Facebook running the experience of WhatsApp with its new policy update. This new change in WhatsApp happens to be a boon for Telegram. People already started moving to telegram and taking a go through of application.
There are various exclusive features available in telegram such as 200,000 members in a group.
Read Also: WhatsApp Policy Limitations
We have seen privacy to be the most important thing in today’s era. So, having a two-step authentication would be a good step towards preventing unauthorized access. The same can be done in WhatsApp by enabling Fingerprint login in WhatsApp.
Though two-step verification tends to increase on more steps before you can log in to your account, but if you are concerned with your privacy and data, an extra step towards prevention would be a great plan.
Steps to Turn On Two-Step Authentication in Telegram
1. Open Telegram and tap on the three Horizontal menu icon on the left top corner, and tap on Settings
2. Now tap on Privacy and Security and then tap Two-Step Verification
3. Tap on Set Password and type in your new password. This password will be asked along with OTP.
4. Optionally, you will be asked to set a hint for the password and email recovery address. It is up to you if you want to skip these two steps.
5. Last step, just type in your Email and do the last verification.
These are steps to enable two-step authentication in Telegram.
In case you want to disable the extra layer of security n then follow below.
Steps to Disable Two-Step Authentication in Telegram
Go to privacy and security and then tap on two-step authentication and tap on “Turn Password Off.” Of course, you will then be asked to enter the password to disable it.
These are all folks to enable and disable the extra layer of security. Though it's totally up to you whether you want it or not but it would be great to have two-factor authentication enabled on your Telegram account.