A Computer Science Graduate. I am a normal person with abnormal ideas.
"Create the difference and be the change you want to see."
While playing a game or doing intense work and you accidentally hit the start menu and all your concentration breaks like this. Hitting the start menu in such a situation might even freeze your system if you were doing resource-intensive work such as gaming, 4K video editing, etc.
Owing to this situation, we have a tool called PowerToys that should help you out. This will help you to disable windows key easily.
To disable Windows Key you can follow these steps and you can easily achieve your AIM:
- First, you need to install PowerToy that will add extra customizable features to your Windows PC.
- Once the software has been installed, Open the software
- Click on “Keyboard Manager” from the menu on the left and then select “Remap a key.”
- Click on the “+” plus icon. This will allow you to add mapping customization.
- Select the key in the left column (in this case, the Windows key). You can also select “Type key” and press the Windows key on your keyboard. From the right column, define what you want it to do.
You can map the key to any function you like, in case we are removing the functionality. For this, all you need to do is put the Mapped To option to "Undefined".
- On the confirmation dialog box hit "continue anyway".
- After this, you have successfully disabled the Windows Key functionality and it will not annoy you anymore.
The above process will help you easily disable Windows Key. Just in case if you want to re-enable the Windows Key, you can follow the below steps.
Steps to Re-Enable Windows Key
If you need to re-enable the Windows Key you can easily do it by:
- Open the PowerToys utility and navigate to “Keyboard Manager -> Remap a Key.”
- In the listing, locate the “Win -> Undefined” mapping and click the nearby trash icon. This will delete it. Press OK to confirm the setting.
You have now successfully, re-enabled the Windows Key functionality. In case you need to disable Windows Key again just follow here.