These fraudsters, at times, conceal themselves as employer representatives and threaten unsuspecting customers with SIM block if KYC is now not done. They may additionally are trying to find positive personal data from customers, in the identity of verification,” the advisory via Vi said. It is being unfold through scammers to get preserve of private facts to raise out economic scams at a later date.
What may also appear if you supply KYC important points to scammers?
- The intention of this message is to scare customers into revealing non-public important points like e mail ID, contact numbers, address, Aadhaar details, photo, etc.
- The fraudsters can both pressure you to set up a faraway computing device app to steal your passwords or habits customized phishing campaigns.
- Usually, scams like these are performed in two stages, where non-public information are accrued one at a time to finally create a customized phishing message to harvest on-line banking details, social media passwords, etc.
The intention of this message is to scare customers into revealing non-public small print like e-mail ID, contact numbers, address, Aadhaar details, photo, etc. He at the equal time asserted that the organization is working "relentlessly" and coming out with security facets to make sure clients do now not come to be victims of these frauds.
How does the eKYC rip-off works?
- The fraudster, claiming to be from Vodafone Idea (Vi), calls or sends an SMS concerning an incomplete KYC form.
- He/she requests the consumer to installation a Quick Support app from the Google Play shop to permit him to help.
- As no such app exists, when the person tries to set up it, he/she is redirected to TeamViewer Quick Support App.
- The TeamViewer Quick Support app permits the fraudster to remotely take over the system and money owed related with the device.
- After that something the consumer sees on his or her cellular display screen is additionally seen to the fraudster who then secretly takes screenshots of the on-line banking passwords.
What does the faux SMS on eKYC say?
- The SMS threatens customers to publish archives for eKYC verification by using calling a positive range inside 24 hours of the receipt of the message to keep away from discontinuation of services.
- The SMS reads, “Dear customer, Your Vodafone SIM e-KYC Pending Documents.