Amazon Echo and Google Home/Nest smart speakers have crossed over from the early adopter phase to each finding a place within the mainstream culture. Both are functional, but if you're like me, you still might not be convinced which company's voice assistant is right for you.
How to set it up?
- In order to set up the Smart Plus just plug the device into an electrical socket and setup using the Alexa app.
- Once connected, you can ask Alexa on any Echo, Fire TV or Alexa built-in device or the Alexa app to turn on/off the power.
- The Echo Flex Plug-in is a smart speaker that can be directly put into a standard electrical outlet, avoiding the need for wires and chargers. The device also doubles up as an adapter (7.5W) as it comes with a built-in USB-A port or other devices.
What does it do?
- The Amazon Smart Plug essentially adds smart control to your existing appliances like lamp, TV, or fan, by pairing the smart plug with a compatible Alexa device (like Echo smart speakers) for hands-free voice control.
- Amazon Smart Plug has been launched in India and it can make everyday appliances or household electronic items “smarter”.
- The Amazon Smart Plug acts as a buffer between the power socket and the appliance and allows you to use the Alexa app or Alexa-enable smart speaker to switch on or off the appliance.
- The Smart Plug also allows users to customize routines on their Alexa app. You can schedule to turn off the night lamp at sunrise or turn on their electric kettle in the kitchen at a particular time.
- The smart plug uses 2.4GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and does not work with the 5GHz band. It can be set up in a few minutes after plugging into an electric socket.
- It has a 3-pin design and is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and ios devices through the Alexa app.
- The smart plug allows the user to turn on/off devices connected to it whether its a TV, lamp, fan, mobile charger, AC, or any other device.
- The users will be able to create a routine that the smart plug will follow. For example, turn on the lights at 7 AM in the morning and turn them off at 11 PM in the evening.
- Also, they can remotely turn the smart plug on or off if they forgot to do it before leaving home.
If you ever thought to own a house having smart appliances or want to make the electronic items, currently you have, smarter, Amazon brings a solution just for you. Well, you can say it will give you the taste of having smart electronic gadgets or appliances. All you need to do is buy an Amazon Smart Plug, that’s it.
Amazon Buy link here!