Chinese giant Huawei Technologies closed the week with a financial report for the first half of the year. If in the second quarter of last year the company was the leader in the global smartphone market; now it has left the top five for the first time in seven years.
At the same time, revenue fell by about 30%, and in the segment of consumer devices, it even fell by 47%. Information about the device was published by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). LetsGoDigital website presented images that give an idea of the design of the device.
Research technology development
- Negative dynamics were also observed in the segment of telecommunication solutions.
- Profile revenue fell by 14%, the company attributed this to a slowdown in the expansion of 5G networks in China.
- In the future. Huawei’s rollable phone will apparently wrap a large plastic OLED screen around its front that covers about four-fifths of its rear, too.
- Huawei’s positions are also strengthening in the cloud segment; where the company not only doubled its revenue in the first quarter; but also took 20% of the Chinese market for such services.
- The portion at the rear not occupied by the display should pack enough space for a camera array.
There are three display size settings available, too. The Huawei rollable phone houses a 6.5-inch display in its standard form but extends to 11-inches with the entire display rolled out. Carrying a large tablet around in a device that’s barely the size of a normal smartphone is an exciting prospect.
Huawei’s rollable phone will apparently wrap a large plastic OLED screen around its front that covers about four-fifths of its rear, too. The portion at the rear not occupied by the display should pack enough space for a camera array.