Google Docs is one of the most widely used and famous online word editor service just like MS-Office word. Google docs come used the Google cloud storage package. It has the same user interface as that of MS word and some powerful features and shortcuts.
There is one feature with which Google Docs become a more powerful and interesting tool to be used. That is built-in support of Google Voice typing. Using this feature the user can type with his voice only. User can also type in various languages like English, Nepali, Hindi and some international languages are also supported. Here is how to activate this feature in your next project.
- Check if the device’s microphone is working or not.
- Google Chrome must
Step to Enable Google Voice Typing
- Open Google Docs on the Google Chrome Browser
- Click on the ‘+’ icon to create a new document or open an existing document.
- Head to the ‘Tools’ option in the Menu bar and choose ‘Voice typing’ from the drop-down menu or use ‘ ctrl+shift+s ‘ shortcut key.
- Docs will now show a microphone icon at the top-left corner.
- Now, Click on the microphone icon and allow the permission to use the microphone.
- After that, click on the microphone icon and start speaking and it will be written on the editor.
You can also change the language, by using the drop-down menu near the microphone icon and select your desired language.