Yesterday, Google has released Android P official and call it Android P Pie. As we all know there are tonnes of enhancement in Android P. Being a new Android OS update everyone is fascinated by it. All of us want to have Android P Pie but unfortunately, due to our old devices we may not enjoy Official Android P from our manufacturer, but we have a choice to go with Custom ROMs. But that not the story for Google Pixel’s user, as they will be getting Android P straight to their device. Here is the way on- How to install Android P on Pixel devices by Google.
As said before Android P is one of those Android OS that fascinates us. The reason behind this fascination is the tonnes of features that it gives to the user. Google is testing the version of Android P in beta stages since Google IO 2018 event. Now during the course of the period, it finally releases Android P officially for Google Pixel and Android One (eligible) devices. (Check here the complete list of android p supported devices)
Let get back to Pixel devices, users who already have Android P beta installed on their smartphones need to wait for the official OTA (over-the-air) update. Basically, there are two methods on How to install Android P on Pixel smartphones:
Using Android Beta Program. It is the easiest way to install the latest Android version as users can easily opt in or out of it.
- Step 1: Open Android Beta Program Portal by clicking here on your Pixel smartphone
- Step 2: Login into the portal using Google account linked to your phone
- Step 3: Scroll down and look for ‘Your eligible devices’ section
- Step 4: Select the device for which you want to enroll in the Beta program and tap on the Opt-in option
- Step 5: Follow the on-screen instruction to enroll in the program
- Step 6: Now, wait for OTA update to install Android P beta on your smartphone
Manually flash Android P Preview ROM – this is bit complicated way as it requires rooting, unlocking the bootloader and flashing the ROM. Before proceeding with either of the methods, there are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Make sure your phone has at least 50 percent battery
2. There’s stable internet connectivity to download updates and other required files
3. Make sure to take the back-up of your data
For a complete guide on- How to install Android P on pixel device, refer here! // Stay tuned //