Google launched its latest Android 8.0 Oreo in last quarter of 2017. After this many OEM’s has started to roll out Android Oreo to their respective devices.
Companies like Motorola and Nokia serve their devices with the pure Android Stock UI but it is not as smooth as Google’s Pixel and Nexus Devices, while other OEM’s put a custom UI on the pure Android to look attractive.
If your device manufacturer is going to release Android Oreo for your device then it is good to have patience while for those devices which might not get an Android Oreo update can also have Android Oreo look on to their devices without rooting it, here are the steps to be followed:
- Step 1: Go to ‘Settings’
- Step 2: Search for ‘Unknown Sources’ and enable it so that you can download and install apps from anywhere instead of Google Play Store.
- Step 3: Go to ‘https://github.com/amirzaidi/Launcher3/releases’ or click here.
- Step 4: Search for ‘Rootless Pixel Launcher 2.1’ or try different versions and choose which is supported by your device.
- Step 5: Now you will Assets below the title and download the apk file from here.
- Step 6: Now Install the downloaded file and press the home button, Select Pixel Launcher, to make it your default launcher select ‘Always’.
After completion of all the steps, you will see a cloudy bottom with Google search bar and boom you have Pixel launcher ( from Android Oreo) installed on your device. Moreover, you will get a Pixel-like App drawer.
Now enjoy your Android Oreo look with Pixel launcher on your device.