Few days ago at WWDC 2019, Apple unveiled the 2019 Mac Pro. Apple claims it as the most powerful Mac ever built. It comes with the best Intel processors and also gets it’s own flagship 6K display.
- The 2019 Mac Pro now starts at $5,999 while the Pro Display XDR monitor starts from $4,999.
- It runs on Intel Xeon processors with up to 28 cores and 1.5TB RAM.
- Apple has built-in a 1.4kW power supply to the Mac Pro.
- The Pro Display XDR comes with a 32-inch LCD panel that can render at 6K resolution.
This is a computer with a high price that will appeal to very few people.
- 8-core, 16 threads, 3.5GHz, 4.0GHz TB, 24.5MB cache, $5,999
- 12-core, 24 threads, 3.3GHz, 4.4GHz TB, 31.25MB cache, price TBC
- 16-core, 32 threads, 3.2GHz, 4.4GHz TB, 38MB cache, price TBC
- 24-core, 48 threads, 2.7GHz, 4.4GHz TB, 57MB cache, price TBC
- 28-core, 56 threads, 2.5GHz, 4.4GHz TB, 66.5MB cache, price TBC
Performance of Mac Pro 2019
With up to 28 core Xeon processors, 56 teraflops of graphics performance and the groundbreaking Afterburner card, the new Mac Pro delivers performance that will transform pro workflows. A number of pro app developers are seeing amazing results that have never been possible in a single workstation.
- Blackmagic Design brings full CPU and multi-GPU accelerated 8K real-time editing, effects and colour correction in ProRes 4444 for the first time on any system.
- Avid can enable support for up to six HDX cards, resulting in more IO, increased voice count and two times the real-time DSP processing than any other system can achieve in Pro Tools.
- Maxon’s Cinema 4D is seeing 20 percent faster GPU render performance when compared to a Windows workstation maxed out with three NVIDIA Quadro RTX 8000 graphics cards.